NETfficient welcomes you on the beautiful North Sea island of Borkum and opens the doors to its pilot installations.
Enjoy the island setting and experience innovative energy storage technologies, smart grids and intelligent energy supply systems powered by renewables during a 2-days study visit.
The study visit is addressed to energy experts and users from the energy sector as well as decision makers and other interested stakeholders. Apart from gaining a comprehensive understanding of the project, you will have sufficient time to explore the different pilot installations throughout the island. You will receive exclusive insights into state-of-the-art energy technologies, including different energy storage solutions and smart energy management systems. NETfficient experts present technical talks, workshops and site visits, offering ample opportunity for questions, discussions and knowledge sharing.
- 5 site visits
- Technical presentations including lessons learned
- Utility scale hybrid energy storage including ultracaps
- Different home energy storage solutions including Li-Ion, hydrogen storage and second life EV batteries
- Tailor made energy storage for specialist applications in larger buildings, streetlighting and an aquarium
- Workshop on policy, business models and lessons learned
Click here for an outline agenda – more details will be sent to you prior to the event.
Cost and Travel
Participation at the event is free of charge and light refreshments are included. However, you are required to pay for your own travel arrangements and accomodation.
It is high season on Borkum – please book your accommodation straight away. For the night of 14-15th June you need to stay on Borkum in order to be at the Study-Visit locations in time.
Please click here for information on travel and accomodation.
There is also a NETworking dinner on the evening of 14 June 2018 at own cost. If interested, please register in the questionnaire below.
Please note that the registration consists of two steps:
1. In order to plan catering and logistics between sites please answer this short questionnaire and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. To participate in the study visit please fill out this registration form.
The deadline for registration is Friday, May 18th, 2018.