Use Case 2 – Homes
Use case 2 - Homes
For this use case, 40 homes will be supplied with a set of devices, consisting of Smart Meters/Sub Meters, PV Inverter, hydrogen conversion and storage, batteries, KNX System, and a stand-alone home control panel EBMS.
29 of them will be connected by means of a DSL router to the aggregator/ energy service software for supervision and the batteries aggregated control.
Animated overview - Use case - Homes**animation runs automatically or by click on the image
- An Energy Management Gateway (EMG) is connected to the DSL router and manages the data transfer from the ESCO to the homes and vice versa;
- Inverters are connected to the EMG by Modbus or LAN;
- Battery/UltraCapacitors storages are connected to the EMG directly by Modbus or LAN;
- If batteries/UltraCapacitors are integrated in the inverter unit, the inverter is in charge of managing battery data exchange;
- Energy measurement is realized by existing Smart Meters. The optical interface is used for the data exchange with a KNX interface. This interface is connected to the EMG by KNX;
- A Smart Tablet (iPad or others) will be used to operate with the ESCO and DER units in the home.
The EMG connects the home Smart Devices with the Energy Service Application. Smart Grid control will be supported by the Energy Service applications.
NETfficient’s objectives are the balance of storages, photovoltaic generation and consumption in an aggregation platform. The following end-users scenarios will be taken into account:
- 1. Self-consumption
- 2. Dependence on electricity tariffs:
a. Store electricity at a low price
b. Use the stored electricity at high electricity price times.
c. Sell energy back to the grid when relevant
- 3. Limit feed power vs. limit load power vs. back-up power supply
- 4. Remote control and supervision of energy resources
Upon the different scenarios, several combinations of equipment will be tested to achieve a comprehensive set of information:
- 27 homes aggregated with PV+inverter+Li-Ion battery
- 2 homes aggregated with PV+ inverter+ HESS (Li-Ion battery + UltraCapacitors)
- 5 homes with stand-alone PV+ inverter+ Li-Ion battery + at home panel with the saving info
- 2 home with stand-alone PV+ inverter+ HESS (Li-Ion battery + UltraCapacitors) + at home panel with the saving info
- 2 stand alone with PV inverter + second life batteries
- 2 stand alone with hydrogen based storage